All HOAs.  All issues.

Kimble Law provides guidance, counsel, advice and services on all issues an HOA may face, including:

  • Assistance with procedural and governance issues, including meetings and voting, how to use various voting procedures, ballots and proxies, respond to homeowner demands for records, and draft board resolutions.
  • Compliance with applicable federal laws, such as the Fair Housing laws (helping avoid discrimination claims), the Telecommunications Act of 1996 regarding satellite dishes, as well as similar state and local statutes and ordinances.
  • Addressing legal issues surrounding maintenance and repair issues, including determining responsibilities and distinguishing between those projects which require board approval and those which require unit owner approval.
  • Drafting and reviewing contracts.
  • Assisting the board in levying special assessments and complying with the laws regarding reserves and reserve studies.
  • Pursuing and defending all types of litigation on behalf of associations and the boards that represent them.
  • Obtaining loans and reviewing loan documents for financing capital improvements or repairs.
  • Legal counsel in the application of state and local law and court rulings and administrative decisions impacting the operation of homeowners associations.
  • Answering day-to-day questions regarding legal, operational, technical and regulatory issues.
  • Providing legal counsel for post-transition, homeowner-controlled association on developer issues, including the resolution of warranty, accounting and representation claims, and the establishment of ongoing operational controls.
  • HOA and condominium insurance issues, including Directors & Officers coverage and advice on the requirements of Utah law regarding HOA insurance.
  • Collection of delinquent assessments.
  • Helping boards understand and fulfill their duties.


"Mr. Kimble just revised our Association CC&R' s and Bylaws and the finished product is outstanding. Highly recommend him if your governing documents need revising or updating with all the new Utah laws."

      Colonel N. B. Mc Crary


Call: (801) 878-9361

or visit Kimble Law at 2290 E 4500 S, Suite 230

Salt Lake City, Utah 84117

Who maintains what?  Curtis G. Kimble helps HOAs determine responsibilities under the CC&Rs, bylaws and Utah law.